Fill out my online form.Niese Tax For
Job Location: Detroit, MIMSG is growing our Transportation Team in Michigan and is seeking a transportation engineer to work on Michigan Department of Transportation (MDOT) roadway design projects and working in a 3D digital environment. This position involves working in a collaborative team environment located in the heart of Detroit's bustling downtown. Knowledge of MicroStation/GeoPAK SS4 is required. AutoCAD/Civil3D, OpenRoads and InRoads SS4 experience is a plus. This position includes assisting with the implementation of MDOT’s new OpenRoads design software initiative. This position offers significant opportunity for growth and advancement.
Specifically, you will work within a team lead by a Senior Roadway Engineer and be responsible for:
- Assisting in the preparation of transportation design plans for state, commericial, industrial, residential and municipal projects.
- Performing and checking various design calculations
- Performing various tasks as they relate to preparing a design package
Responsibilities include project development, storm water design, cost estimates and detailed design
- Understanding trends and best practices in roadway design and transportation
- Using technical skills and applying a creative spirit to problem solving
- Participating in local Professional Associations
A Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering or similar field of study is required, with 0-6 years’ experience in the transportation sector, Michigan and/or Ohio Registration, or ability to obtain registration within the next four years.
We are equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.