Construction Inspector - Senior Level
Fill out my online form.
Job Location: Monroe, MI, Adrian, MIMSG is seeking an experienced Construction Inspector for our operations in Monroe, MI. Candidate should have experience in construction inspection and materials testing for transportation and municipal construction projects. Relevant experience should include road, bridge, water main, sanitary sewer, and storm sewer.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Interact with project team members, clients, contractors and stakeholders.
• Read and interpret project plans and specifications.
• Follow applicable QA/QC procedures.
• Measure, calculate, and determine all quantities of assigned work and / or installed materials.
• Report any deficiencies in the contractors work to the Project Engineer.
• Prepare Daily Inspector’s Reports using FieldBook and / or other required software.
Skills, Knowledge and Qualifications
• Relevant experience in construction engineering and inspection with field experience in transportation and municipal projects.
• Experience in bridge construction and road construction.
• Knowledge of established construction practices and procedures as well as State and Federal delivery.
• Computer skills including internet, e-mail, FieldBook, Excel, and Word.
• Preferred Certifications and Training
• Storm Water Operator Certification
• Michigan Concrete Field Testing – MCA Level 1
• MDOT Courses, Certifications, and Acceptance.
Additional Tasks and Operations
• Perform a wide variety of construction engineering services including project documentation, construction observation and quantity reviews for roadway and/or bridge construction projects.
• Candidate must have positive client interaction skills and excellent communication and writing skills. Along with the ability to network and establish great professional relationships.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.