EHS Compliance Specialist
EHS Compliance Specialist
The Mannik & Smith Group is seeking a motivated EHS Compliance Specialist to join our consulting firm in Canton, Michigan. The successful candidate will work on a variety of technically challenging projects for clients, with increasing responsibility for task/project management duties. This is an excellent career opportunity to work with an expert consulting team on challenging environmental compliance projects for large industrial and global clients.
• Perform environmental compliance assessments at facilities across the United States and possibly Canada and implement follow-up corrective actions to ensure compliance with federal, state, and local regulations.
• Provide technical assistance on environmental compliance, environmental management systems, and training projects.
• Prepare plans, permit applications, and reports for hazardous waste, oil storage, air quality, storm water, and wastewater under state and federal programs.
• Support the development of EHS compliance and management system programs.
• Provide on-site environmental compliance support at client facilities.
• Conduct environmental and safety management system audits against international standards at light to heavy industrial facilities
• Perform multiple, concurrent projects within scope/budget/schedule expectations and ensure quality standards on project deliverables.
• Support Mannik & Smith Group Project Managers to effectively manage portfolios of projects, which may include one or more of the following tasks: conducting soil, sediment, groundwater, surface water, soil gas and air sampling; preparing feasibility studies; performing Phase I/II ESAs, UST site assessments, BEA, DDCC, construction/demolition administration and oversight, and system operation and maintenance.
• Communicate directly with clients, employees, and subcontractors.
• Manage project teams and subcontractors.
• Bachelor’s degree in environmental engineering, environmental science, or related discipline. Masters is a plus.
• Lead auditor training certificate for ISO 14001:2015 and/or OHSAS 18001:2007 a plus.
• 2 to 6 years of relevant environmental experience or professional internships. CHMM or PE a plus.
• Previous environmental compliance assessment experience preferred.
• Willingness to travel. Role includes up to 40% travel.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with experience delivering presentations as well as writing comprehensive technical reports and standards.
• Strong MS Office computer skills; advanced understanding of PowerPoint, Excel, and Word desired.
• Valid driver’s license and good driving record.
• Ability to walk and stand for extended periods of time (up to 2 hours) in industrial work environments.
• Ability to communicate effectively and clearly with a wide range of people, from hourly personnel to CEO’s.
• Ability to succeed in a fast-paced consulting environment, handling multiple project assignments, meeting strict deadlines, and traveling to client facilities as needed.
Why Work Here?
Talented and dedicated professionals combined with the comprehensive services they provide are the foundational culture of MSG. Opportunity, development and growth are encouraged and cultivated along with honesty, integrity and professionalism in our thoughts and actions. Achievement of success through working smarter, technical skill and creative spirit.
- Community Engagement
- Diversity Inclusion
- Awards & Recognition
- Catalytic Coaching