Candidate does not need to have experience in construction inspection and materials testing for infrastructure projects, however initial rate of pay will be relative to documented experience including referrals. Any experience should include road, bridge, water main, sanitary sewer, and storm sewer. Candidate may perform a wide variety of construction engineering services including project documentation, construction observation, quantity reviews, quality assurance material testing for roadway, bridge, infrastructure, &/or municipal construction projects. Candidate must have positive client interpersonal skills, excellent communication, and proficient writing skills.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Interact with project partners such as clients, contractors and stakeholders.
• Read and interpret project plans and specifications.
• Follow applicable QA/QC procedures.
• Measure, calculate, and determine all quantities of assigned work and / or installed materials.
• Report any deficiencies in the contractors work to the Project Engineer.
• Prepare Daily Inspector’s Reports using various software such as Word, SiteManager, Appia.
Minimum Skills, Knowledge and Qualifications
• An understanding, knowledge, &/or experience in construction engineering and inspection in transportation and/or municipal type projects.
• An understanding, knowledge, &/or experience in bridge construction and road construction.
• An understanding, knowledge, &/or experience in typical contractor construction practices and procedures.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Computer skills including use of Internet, e-mail, Excel, and Word.
• Preferred Certifications and Training
- Associates or Bachelor's degree in Construction Management
- ODOT Certification
- NICET I, II; III & IV optional
- Aggregate Level 1
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
Why Work Here?
Talented and dedicated professionals combined with the comprehensive services they provide are the foundational culture of MSG. Opportunity, development and growth are encouraged and cultivated along with honesty, integrity and professionalism in our thoughts and actions. Achievement of success through working smarter, technical skill and creative spirit.
- Community Engagement
- Diversity Inclusion
- Awards & Recognition
- Catalytic Coaching