The Mannik & Smith Group, Inc. is seeking qualified applicants for an open Architectural Historian position in our Maumee, Ohio office. This full-time position will work with the Architectural Historian Team within the larger Cultural Resources Group.
Primary responsibilities of the position include the following:
• Assessing the National Register of Historic Places eligibility of individual resources and/or districts
• Writing architectural descriptions, property histories, historic context statements, statements of significance, and effect determinations
• Historic property and context research, including primary and secondary sources, census records, historic maps, newspapers, city directories, building blueprints, tax records, etc.
• Engaging with the public and stakeholders
• Preparation of Section 106 review applications/forms/reports
• Preparation of technical reports for above-ground property surveys
• Conducting field surveys and site visits
• Photographic surveys of historic resources and project areas
Master’s degree in historic preservation, architectural history, history, or a related field.
• At least five (5) years of relevant experience working with Section 106 of the National Historic Preservation Act. This includes experience in conducting historic property identification surveys and evaluating historic properties, including buildings, sites, structures, objects, and districts, in accordance with National Register Criteria for Evaluation.
• Meet the Secretary of the Interior’s Professional 36 CFR Part 61 Qualifications in Architectural History
• Experience researching and writing historic contexts
• Excellent writing and communication skills
• Experience working in the Midwest is preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
Why Work Here?
Talented and dedicated professionals combined with the comprehensive services they provide are the foundational culture of MSG. Opportunity, development and growth are encouraged and cultivated along with honesty, integrity and professionalism in our thoughts and actions. Achievement of success through working smarter, technical skill and creative spirit.
- Community Engagement
- Diversity Inclusion
- Awards & Recognition
- Catalytic Coaching