Civil Site Engineer
Civil Site Engineer
Columbus, OH Greater Columbus Area
MSG Columbus is growing and looking for a self-motivated professional in Civil Engineering with the desire to grow personally and professionally to assist with a wide array of projects.
Put your problem solving, logic, and creativity to the test with a position that will provide an opportunity to be part of a multi-discipline and highly interactive team of engineers, surveyors, landscape architects and technicians, working with planners, architects and our clients to provide dynamic design solutions on many types of projects. Each day, you will provide support for all phases of design and construction activities, all the while helping to develop efficient, timely, and cost-effective solutions for our clients.
Responsibilities and Requirements:
• Practical experience in design and plan preparation of site development projects.
• Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering.
• EI certification in the state of Ohio, with the ability to obtain PE certification within 6 to 12 months.
• Experience with industry design standards.
• Understanding of guidelines and specifications. (i.e., City of Columbus and surrounding counties, ODOT, and etc.)
• Knowledge of AutoCAD/Civil 3D grading is required.
• Proficiency in independent preparation of Hydraulic/Hydrologic reports is preferred.
• Roadway design and survey experience are a plus.
The ability to engage reviewing agencies while preparing technical designs and addressing comments is a critical part of our process. The ideal candidate will be comfortable communicating and coordinating with review agencies.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
Why Work Here?
Talented and dedicated professionals combined with the comprehensive services they provide are the foundational culture of MSG. Opportunity, development and growth are encouraged and cultivated along with honesty, integrity and professionalism in our thoughts and actions. Achievement of success through working smarter, technical skill and creative spirit.
- Community Engagement
- Diversity Inclusion
- Awards & Recognition
- Catalytic Coaching