Houghton, MI, Canton, MI
The Mannik & Smith Group, a well-established civil engineering and environmental consulting firm, with offices located throughout Michigan and Ohio, has an immediate opening for a GIS position in our Canton and Hancock, Michigan Office.
• Provide spatial and graphical interpretation of environmental analytical data, including but not limited to contaminant maps, geophysical maps, and potentiometric and other surface maps
• Manage geodatabase projects and GPS collection efforts
• Coordinate and work closely with Project Managers and other technical staff
• Collaborate and support project teams completing environmental sampling programs and reports
Technical Skills / Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in GIS, geography, geology, engineering, biology, chemistry, or environmental science
• Familiarity with ArcGIS Pro and/or ArcGIS Desktop
• Familiarity with ArcGIS Online and ESRI field collection apps a plus
• 1 – 5 years of experience using GIS
• Familiarity in processing GPS data
• Programming in Python a plus
• Knowledge of MS Access and Structured Query Language (SQL) a plus
• Knowledge of photogrammetry and holder of a FAA Part 107 remote pilot certificate with a small UAS rating a plus
• Past experience with field investigation, sample collection and documentation a plus
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing; strong interpersonal and writing skills are critical
• Ability to problem solve, work effectively with team members, and provide regular feedback
Apply through our website at https://manniksmithgroup.com/careers or send resume to: HR, The Mannik & Smith Group, Inc, 1800 Indian Wood Circle, Maumee, OH 43537; fax to: (419) 891-1595; email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
Why Work Here?
Talented and dedicated professionals combined with the comprehensive services they provide are the foundational culture of MSG. Opportunity, development and growth are encouraged and cultivated along with honesty, integrity and professionalism in our thoughts and actions. Achievement of success through working smarter, technical skill and creative spirit.
- Community Engagement
- Diversity Inclusion
- Awards & Recognition
- Catalytic Coaching