The Mannik & Smith Group, Inc. has an opening for a Full-Time Assistant Controller position in our corporate office located in Maumee OH. We are looking for an individual who is detail-oriented, self-motivated, pro-active, has good organizational and time management skills. Together with a rewarding career opportunity, we offer competitive benefits and compensation package and an excellent work environment.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Process and maintain bi-weekly multi-state payroll
a. Keep employee payroll records up-to-date
b. Create and post payroll journals entries to the general ledger
c. Work with HR to audit benefit withholdings against provider invoices
d. Investigate and resolve payroll discrepancies
e. Ensure compliance of timesheets with employee handbook
f. Ensure tax compliance with various states and local municipalities
g. Verify funding of 401k contributions and calculate employer 401k match contribution
2. Month and year end account reconciliations and schedules
3. Preparation of weekly and monthly financial reports
4. Assist with state department of transportation billings and review
5. Assist with overflow work from accounts payable clerk
6. Work to identify and implement efficiencies throughout the department
7. Work closely with CFO and Controller on special projects and department improvement initiatives
Other Pertinent Factors:
1. Must work well in a team environment, be independently effective and meet deadlines.
2. Detail-oriented problem solver.
3. Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
4. Strong analytical skills.
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting with solid understanding of GAAP.
2. Payroll processing certification and experience preferred.
3. 5+ years of relevant accounting work experience.
4. Proficient in Microsoft Excel with experience in advanced accounting systems (Deltek Vision preferred)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
Why Work Here?
Talented and dedicated professionals combined with the comprehensive services they provide are the foundational culture of MSG. Opportunity, development and growth are encouraged and cultivated along with honesty, integrity and professionalism in our thoughts and actions. Achievement of success through working smarter, technical skill and creative spirit.
- Community Engagement
- Diversity Inclusion
- Awards & Recognition
- Catalytic Coaching