Adrian, MI, Detroit, MI, Canton, MI, Monroe, MI, Toledo, OH
The Mannik & Smith Group has an opening for a Full-Time Project Accountant position in one of our SE Michigan locations (Adrian, Canton, Detroit and Monroe). We are looking for an individual who is self-motivated, pro-active, has good organizational and time management skills. Prior experience with an Architecture or Engineering firm is preferred. Construction industry candidates will also be considered. Together with a rewarding career opportunity, we offer competitive benefits and compensation package and an excellent work environment.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Responsible for invoicing in compliance with corporate policies and procedures.
2. Maintenance of contract information, which includes, but is not limited to maintaining accurate files of client and subcontractors agreements. Will work closely with Project Managers & Principals in preparation of project budgets and other pertinent contract information.
3. Responsible for setup and maintenance of projects in Deltek Vision accounting software.
4. Works closely with the Project Managers tracking monthly invoices, additional service requests and change orders. This will include visiting each of the SE Michigan offices on a regular basis.
5. Provides assistance to Project Managers and Corporate Leadership in account collections, receivables and payables.
6. Works closely with clients and subcontractor’s accounting departments.
7. Other accounting responsibilities include accounts payable & unit entry, timesheet & expense report review, and year end reporting.
Other Pertinent Factors:
1. Ability to work independently and be deadline driven.
2. Detail-oriented problem solver.
3. Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
4. Strong analytical skills.
5. Prior invoicing experience a plus.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
Why Work Here?
Talented and dedicated professionals combined with the comprehensive services they provide are the foundational culture of MSG. Opportunity, development and growth are encouraged and cultivated along with honesty, integrity and professionalism in our thoughts and actions. Achievement of success through working smarter, technical skill and creative spirit.
- Community Engagement
- Diversity Inclusion
- Awards & Recognition
- Catalytic Coaching