We are looking to hire an experienced part time welding inspector to oversee the quality and safety of our company’s welding activities. As a welding inspector, you will be responsible for inspecting and assessing the strength and quality of welds, ensuring the correct equipment is being used, checking weld specifications, and ensuring all safety regulations are being adhered to.
To ensure success as a welding inspector, you should have advanced knowledge of modern welding procedures, a good eye for detail, and good communication skills.
Welding Inspector Responsibilities:
• Issuing welding tickets to company workers.
• Checking welding specifications for a job.
• Ensuring the correct equipment and materials are being used for a weld.
• Inspecting completed welds.
• Assessing the quality and strength of completed welds.
• Demonstrating correct welding procedures.
• Maintaining a clean and safe work area.
• Ensuring welders adhere to state health and safety regulations.
Welding Inspector Requirements:
• Must be familiar with AWS D1.1 inspections
• Must have current Certified Welding Inspector (CWI)
• Familiarity with RCSC’s Specification for Structural Joints Using ASTM A325 or A490 bolts
• Familiarity with Liquid Penetrant, Magnetic Particle, Radiographic, Ultrasonic Inspections etc.
• Previous work experience as a welding inspector.
• Knowledge of TIG, MIG, laser, butt, and arc welding techniques.
• Ability to read and interpret blueprints.
• Observant and analytical.
• Good communication skills.
• Knowledge of health and safety practices.
• Good management and supervision skills.
Why Work Here?
Talented and dedicated professionals combined with the comprehensive services they provide are the foundational culture of MSG. Opportunity, development and growth are encouraged and cultivated along with honesty, integrity and professionalism in our thoughts and actions. Achievement of success through working smarter, technical skill and creative spirit.
- Community Engagement
- Diversity Inclusion
- Awards & Recognition
- Catalytic Coaching