Lansing, MI, Grand Rapids, MI
Candidate should have a minimum of 2 years' of experience in construction observation, materials testing and / or design for transportation and municipal projects. Candidate will perform a wide variety of engineering services including road design, utility design, construction observation support, including project documentation, and quantity reviews for roadway and/or bridge construction projects. Candidate must have positive client interaction skills and excellent communication and writing skills.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Interact with project team members, clients, contractors and stakeholders;
• Read and interpret project plans and specifications;
• Follow applicable QA/QC procedures;
• Measure, calculate, and determine all quantities of assigned work and / or installed materials;
• Report any deficiencies in the contractors work to the Project Engineer;
• Prepare Daily Inspector’s Reports using FieldBook and / or other required software;
• Assist with design, including project development, cost estimates quantity takeoffs, and detailed design;
• Perform and check various standard computations or analysis;
Skills, Knowledge and Qualifications
• Experience in construction engineering and inspection with field and design experience in transportation and municipal projects;
• Basic knowledge of established design procedures, processes, construction practices and procedures as well as State and Federal delivery requirements;
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Computer skills including Microstation / Geopak SS10 and / or Open Roads, AutoCAD/Civil 3D, FieldBook, Excel, and Word;
• Preferred Certifications and Training
o Storm Water Operator Certification
o MDOT Density Technology Certification
o Michigan Concrete Field Testing – MCA Level 1
o MDOT Material Acceptance
o MDOT Aggregate Technician Certification
o MDOT Bridge Deck & Bridge Rehabilitation Course
o MDOT Hot Mix Asphalt Paving Certification
o Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering or similar field of study with EI or proof of working toward is preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
Why Work Here?
Talented and dedicated professionals combined with the comprehensive services they provide are the foundational culture of MSG. Opportunity, development and growth are encouraged and cultivated along with honesty, integrity and professionalism in our thoughts and actions. Achievement of success through working smarter, technical skill and creative spirit.
- Community Engagement
- Diversity Inclusion
- Awards & Recognition
- Catalytic Coaching