We are growing our Transportation Team in Michigan and are seeking a Junior Traffic Engineer to provide support for transportation/traffic planning and design projects. These include work for the public and private sector relating to multi-modal transportation planning, transit planning, traffic micro simulation, parking, site planning & development, complete streets, pedestrian & bicycle facilities, traffic impact studies and integrated land use/transportation planning. In the transportation/traffic field, MSG is on the leading edge of autonomous vehicles/smart roads, smart streets downtown transportation, transportation demand management, modern interchange/intersection designs, multi-modal systems and corridor management/complete street.
Specifically, you will work within a team lead by a Senior Traffic Engineer and be responsible for:
- Performing analyses using a variety of traffic modeling software and other analytical tools
- Performing traffic and transportation studies as part of a roadway design project, master plan and development
- Preparing conceptual street/intersection designs
- Preparing traffic signal designs
- Writing reports for internal and external purposes
- Presenting technical material in creative and innovative ways for review by technical and
- Understanding trends and best practices in transportation and urban planning
- Using technical skills and applying a creative spirit to problem solving
- Participating in local Professional Associations
A Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering, transportation planning, or similar field of study is required, with 0-5 years’ experience in the transportation sector, Michigan and/or Ohio Registration, or ability to obtain registration within the next four years.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
Why Work Here?
Talented and dedicated professionals combined with the comprehensive services they provide are the foundational culture of MSG. Opportunity, development and growth are encouraged and cultivated along with honesty, integrity and professionalism in our thoughts and actions. Achievement of success through working smarter, technical skill and creative spirit.
- Community Engagement
- Diversity Inclusion
- Awards & Recognition
- Catalytic Coaching