Grand Rapids, MI
Candidate should have a minimum of 5 years' experience in construction inspection and materials testing for transportation and municipal construction projects. Relevant experience should include road, bridge, water main, sanitary sewer, and storm sewer. Candidate will perform a wide variety of construction engineering services including project documentation, construction observation and quantity reviews for roadway and/or bridge construction projects. Candidate must have positive client interaction skills and excellent communication and writing skills.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Interact with project team members, clients, contractors and stakeholders;
• Read and interpret project plans and specifications;
• Follow applicable QA/QC procedures;
• Measure, calculate, and determine all quantities of assigned work and / or installed materials;
• Report any deficiencies in the contractors work to the Project Engineer;
• Prepare Daily Inspector’s Reports using FieldBook and / or other required software;
Skills, Knowledge and Qualifications
• Relevant experience in construction engineering and inspection with field experience in transportation and municipal projects;
• Experience in bridge construction and road construction;
• Knowledge of established construction practices and procedures as well as State and Federal delivery;
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Computer skills including internet, e-mail, FieldBook, Excel, and Word;
• Preferred Certifications and Training
o Storm Water Operator Certification
o MDOT Density Technology Certification
o Michigan Concrete Field Testing – MCA Level 1
o MDOT Material Acceptance
o MDOT Aggregate Technician Certification
o MDOT Bridge Deck & Bridge Rehabilitation Course
o MDOT Hot Mix Asphalt Paving Certification
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability.
Why Work Here?
Talented and dedicated professionals combined with the comprehensive services they provide are the foundational culture of MSG. Opportunity, development and growth are encouraged and cultivated along with honesty, integrity and professionalism in our thoughts and actions. Achievement of success through working smarter, technical skill and creative spirit.
- Community Engagement
- Diversity Inclusion
- Awards & Recognition
- Catalytic Coaching